error opening STP file

Discuss and ask questions about ABViewer.

Moderators: SDS, support, admin

FredIEQ

error opening STP file

Post by FredIEQ » 10 Feb 2015, 17:27

I received the following error while trying to open an STP file:

ABViewer 10.0.1.8 has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

The form contains two buttons: "Debug" and "Close Program". When I press the debug button I get a window which is titled "Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger". The form message is "An unhandled wind32 exception occurred in ABViewer.exe [7548]."

I received the STP file from one of our suppliers. The file size is 363,384 KB. I am able to open smaller files from the supplier. I suspect the file is too large.

Do you have any suggestions?

Other than this (understandable) problem, ABViewer is very good.

Thanks for your help.

support

Re: error opening STP file

Post by support » 10 Feb 2015, 19:39

Hello,

Could you send this STEP file to the Technical Support E-mail for testing, if possible?

Mikhail
Technical Support E-mail: support@cadsofttools.com
Chat support on Skype: cadsofttools.support

FredIEQ

Post by FredIEQ » 11 Feb 2015, 18:41

I am not able to send the file because its size exceeds what our email system can handle and besides that, the file contains proprietary information.

Does ABViewer have a file size limitation when opening STP files?

support

Post by support » 11 Feb 2015, 19:14

Hello,

ABViewer doesn't have a file size limitation for STEP format. For example, I was able to open a file with the size 8175 KB.

By the way, the latest build available to download from a website is 10.0.1.12. You may try if this version works correctly with your .stp file.

Mikhail

dunc_r

Post by dunc_r » 06 Jun 2017, 16:56

Hi,

I am having issues opening a .stp file in trial version 12. I can view the file in many other viewers so I know the file is not corrupt. I am able to open other .stp files using trial version 12 without any issues.

The message " Viewing of IGES, STEP, SAT and BREP files is available in the Professional and Enterprise editions only."

If the above statement was correct how can I open some but not all .STP files? The file size is approx. 18MB.

Any help would be very useful. I appreciate that it could be a file issue.

Kind regards

support

Post by support » 06 Jun 2017, 18:51

Hello Duncan,

Please send the .stp file to the Technical Support e-mail, we will test this problem.

For your information, the trial version of ABViewer has the Enterprise functionality with time limitation (45 days). The message "Viewing of IGES, STEP, SAT and BREP files is available in the Professional and Enterprise editions only" is a reminder for potentional buyers of the program.

Mikhail