CAD DLL 15 released
Today, we have not one, but two great news to share with you!
Firstly, we are excited to introduce libcad.so. It is a brand new library that offers the same set of features as CAD DLL, but it is compatible with Linux. To know more about it, please follow https://cadsofttools.com/products/libcadso/.
Secondly, we have released CAD DLL 15. This upgraded version works on our own 3D kernel and supports new file formats. Additionally, it provides enhanced import and export functionalities for the already supported formats and improved G-code generation from 2D CAD files. Check out the highlights below.
In the latest version of CAD DLL, we completely revamped 3D functionality and replaced Open Cascade Technology with our own 3D kernel. This makes us independent of any third-party and allows to respond swiftly to your requests. We have already:
- speeded up opening of 3D files;
- improved reading of SAT, STEP, SLDPRT, X_T, X_B, OBJ formats;
- added support for SLDASM, FSAT, SAB, SMT, IPT, IFC formats;
- added export to SAT, SAB, STL, OBJ formats;
- improved export of STEP, DWG, DXF formats.
Improved G-code Generation from 2D Vector Files
We continue to expand G-code generation capabilities and now it is possible to:
- convert points;
- generate a G-code compatible with the Grbl controller.
- generate a G-code compatible with the lathe machine;
- generate a G-code compatible with the dispensing CNC machine (Skyglass);
Improved Import of DWG and DXF Formats
- speeded up file upload;
- improved support for МTexts and Texts;
- improved support for Hatches;
- improved display of SHX fonts;
- improved support for ACIS objects;
- improved support for Dimensions and Multileaders;
- improved reading of VPort and drawing extents.
- Improved export of DWG and DXF formats:
- added saving of ACIS objects;
- improved saving of VPort.
- Improved display of vector formats (DWF, HPGL, CGM, SVG).
- Improved export of SVG format:
- improved export of texts and hatches.
- Improved export of PDF format:
- setting enabling to save PDF files in the CMYK color model;
- saving of layers to PDF.
- Bug fixes.
Want to evaluate CAD DLL 15? Download its free 45-day trial version:
START MY FREE
We will be glad to answer all your questions and help with the upgrade from older versions of CAD DLL,
just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org